Friday, February 15, 2008

My Katie's Birthday!

Today is a rather big day in our family. My daughter, Kate, is celebrating her first birthday. And I can only look at her in amazement, listening to her cluck and gobble as she throws my car keys around the living room, and think..."I made that?!" I don't know what I did right...I'm certain I was owed some karmic gift, because she is the most wonderful thing that's ever happened to me. The happiest, easiest, silliest angel baby in the world. Now tell me you've never heard that before, right? I know, I know, all us momma's are biased....

She's so incredibly funny...the true ham of the family, thus far...screaming and laughing and making funny faces at everyone, for everyone. She loves to get a reaction out of all of us...especially her half-sibs, who, upon returning from a weekend at their mother's house, she screams out loud in delight upon seeing. Watching her joy at the mere sight of them makes me happy they are here, happier that I "inherited" two children when I married their father.

She's beautiful, the perfect mix of her father and I....(well, she looks more like me :p), but she has these green eyes that she somehow got lucky enough to have, funny brown hair that can't decide if it wants to be straight or curly-ish...and the prettiest little bow shaped mouth...and like I said, the idea that we made her still blows my mind every time I look at her.

Anyhow, this girl has a lot of work to do today. Her party is tonight. I really can't wait. And maybe, just maybe, I should get my butt off this computer and play with her....before she sets off my car's panic button on my keyring.

Happy Birthday, Kate. To say I love you is the greatest understatement. To quote Brad Paisley...

"To the world, you may be just another girl..but to me, baby, you are the world."

No comments: